Nail Art Tips and Tricks
Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Avoid water (shower, bath, dishes) for a few hours after application to allow the adhesive to set.
2. ALWAYS apply the strips below the cuticle, never overlapping the skin.
3. Apply nail strips on each finger of one hand before filing (this allows for the adhesive to 'set' before filing).
4. For best results, apply the nail strips prior to going to bed, to allow the wraps to adhere overnight.
5. If you have short nails, using a file to remove the excess nail strips may be difficult. If that is the case, use nail clippers to clip the nail strip above the tip of your nail, and then file the remaining excess to smooth the strip along the edge of your nail.
6. If you choose to apply a top coat, avoid "quick dry" and "gel setter" top coat products, as they dry too quickly and lift the nail strip from your nails.
7. If you plan to use sunscreen, apply a top coat to protect the nail strips from the active ingredients which can tarnish the top layer.